This position will act as a primary technical principal and is responsible for delivery of Windows enterprise web farm infrastructure solutions
This position focused on expertise in IIS, web infrastructure support and middleware for a long term project engagement. This position will also work closely with engineering teams to create consistent and repeatable code and server deployments.
An ideal candidate will have a strong operations background as with strong System Administration skills plus some development experience. Candidates for this position must be able to, from day one, roll up their sleeves and hit the ground running, and bring their experience to the team to make environment more secure and robust. Most importantly, the right individual will be with a positive, 'can-do” attitude and a passion for delivering technical solutions in a fast-paced environment. Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of 10+ years of robust Windows/Linux system administration experience.
- OS Level and Application Security Vulnerability assessment and remediation
- Advanced Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
- Advanced Knowledge of Linux Redhat Operating Systems
- Advance understanding of IIS and Apache Web Servers
- Strong Windows Server 2016, 2012, and 2008 and deep knowledge of OS upgrade and migration
- Firm knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMware
- Firm knowledge of basic MS SQL\T-SQL
- Scripting experience and fluent in at least one scripting language such as PowerShell or Python
- Experience with system automation and deployment tools such as Ansible.
- Knowledge about containerization tools like Docker, OpenShift.
- Strong background in networking, load balancing, and firewalls.
- Actively monitor and administer the applications and hosting environment to increase efficiency, improve reliability, and minimize downtimes
- Triage and provide technical solutions to environment related issues encountered by new and existing applications in the environment
- Troubleshoot and debug environment and infrastructure problems found in the production and non-production environments.
- Measurement, optimization, and tuning of system performance and ensuring that systems will run reliably and are highly available in a 24/7 production environment.
- Automate systems monitoring tasks using standard monitoring tools.
- Manage and control the continuous release promotion cycle (manually short-term, through automation long-term) including the following environments: development, integration, staging, QA, Load and production.
- Develop deployment scripts on a lifecycle automation platform for the orchestration, integration and automation of build promotions and software releases.
- Experience with Flexpod Environments is a plus.
- Good knowledge of Cisco IOS, both Cisco Nexus and non-Nexus series switches, Cisco routers and other Cisco networking gear.
- Solid understanding of data center related technology and colocation environment
- Provide 24 by 7 production support