Purpose of the Position:
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for various assigned projects concerning development, design, construction, and/or installation of buildings and facilities.
Essential Functions: (List all basic responsibilities related to the purpose of the position)
• Coordinate architectural, civil, mechanical and electrical design and construction of buildings and facilities at MBUSI.
• Develop conceptual layouts and cost studies to determine the simplest, most efficient and cost effective approach to solving engineering tasks.
• Develop specifications, scope of work, and bid documents for new construction projects.
• Assist Purchasing with bidder lists and bid reviews by providing relevant, consolidated data to support the decision-making process.
• Review, check and inspect vendor designs and construction to ensure adherence quality standards.
• Perform necessary fieldwork to gather field data, check tie-ins and provide construction support.
• Responsible to coordinate contractor onsite work and provide clear direction regarding MBUSI requirements and standards as it pertains to facility infrastructure projects. Ensure documentation and CAD standards are followed by contractors.
• Develop and track project schedules and costs.
• Develop and maintain procedures for all existing building and grounds in collaboration with the Facilities department.
• Perform lifecycle analysis and develop long-term plans accordingly.
• Provide environmental support to the Facilities department as required to maintain benchmark status.
• Lead and manage construction managers.
• Lead and control budgets for architectural and engineering planning.
• Coordinate and interface between MBUSI and MB Germany Production Planning. Ensure integration of corporate standards and best practices from Germany into local MBUSI processes and practices.
Marginal Functions: (List responsibilities which are not essential, but may be required)
Perform other duties as required.
Financial authority and responsibility: