* Role: Server Administrator
* Location: Los Angeles, CA
* Experience Level: Mid-Level (4-7 Years' Experience)
* Education Level (recommended): Minimum of an Associate's Degree
This position is responsible for providing operational and technical support for refinery Operational Technology (OT) server and/or network environments. The successful candidate must understand business requirements and translate these requirements into solutions. The position must work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary workgroups to seek solutions to problems. The position must champion compliance and change efforts which result in improved reliability and security of infrastructure services. It is expected that the candidate will always follow the refinery personnel safety requirements.
* This position will require some field work inside the refinery process units.
* Perform server, workstation, and/or network administration for refinery OT environment. Server and workstation administration is primarily on Microsoft Windows OS, SQL servers, with some occasional Linux administration. Network administration is on switches, routers, and firewall devices with most configuration activities being Layer 2 switching with some occasional Layer 3 routing work.
* Monitor OT device health and identify issues using common industry toolsets.
* Problem tracking, management, and resolution of issues in a 24/7 manufacturing location. The candidate will be called upon to perform duties during off-hours on occasion as needed.
* Learn, understand, and apply Marathon Standard Practices to Operational Technology infrastructure assets.
* Engage in auditing, compliance, and risk assessment processes. Ensure computer system inventory and software licensing is accurate.
* Identify, Analyze, and Elevate potential Cybersecurity events according to company procedures.
* Daily activities may include system backup administration, anti-virus administration, performance tuning, Microsoft Active Directory administration, network security detection administration, administration of the physical IP cabling and IP address assignments, updating of network diagrams, security policy management, data access controls, software patch management, risk management, change control administration, database administration, and self-auditing to ensure compliance with standards.
* Administration of server operating system logging to identify security or reliability issues.
* Support of the Refinery data historian through routine database maintenance, data compression, and access requests.
* Implement hardware, software, and/or network solutions; ensuring standards are applied consistently. Close interaction with business partners during development, support, and implementation of in-house or 3rd party systems.
* Create and present project documentation for capital and expense projects.
* Must know VCM * 4 or more years of experience in IT Infrastructure administration
* Server, Workstation, and/or Network Support and Log Monitoring experience is required.
* A firm understanding of computing security and reliability practices is required.
* Strong written, verbal communication, and time management skills.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
* Previous experience in OT, Honeywell Experion, Emerson DeltaV, Foxboro, SCADA, or Refining environment beneficial.
* Experience with Security Information Event Management (SIEM) a plus.
* Experience with configuration of Cisco, Sonicwall, Tofino, or Checkpoint devices is a plus.
* Microsoft, VMware, and/or Cisco certifications are a plus.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.