TCI has an immediate need for an IBM MQ Administrator in Parkersburg, WV. This is a 6-month contract-to-hire opportunity.
We are offering a 6-month contract-to-hire opportunity with our government sector client. If you enjoy working with cutting-edge technology in a large enterprise environment that promotes creative work and collaboration, this is a great opportunity for you to join a growing IT team. This is an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their knowledge and careers!
The IBM Message Queue (MQ) Administrator is a middleware support position with responsibilities to manage WebSphere Application Server (WAS), IBM HTTP Server (HIS), Message Queuing (MQ), IBI WebFocus, DB2 Database, Oracle Database, Apache/Tomcat, IBM Spectrum Protect, Veritas NetBackup, Data Transport/Managed File Transfer, and IBM Connect:Direct middleware applications.
- Architecting high performance, high volume business critical systems using industry standard technologies and design patterns.
- Supporting the platform hosting of applications using Service-oriented architecture (SOA) and object-oriented (OO) programming languages, including Java providing support for deployment of products into Test, Pre-production and Production environments.
- Deploying applications using web technologies including, but not limited to, WebSphere and IBI WebFocus.
- Mainframe support, including IBM DB2, Message Queuing Service (IBM MQ Series), and Job Control Language (JCL).
- Designing, developing and optimizing Relational database management systems (RDBMS), including systems such as IBM DB2 (z/OS and LUW).
- Making recommendations for standardizing business processes.
- Providing operational and technical support (including supporting platform hosting and testing systems functionality), for critical information systems used in Fiscal Service operations assisting with troubleshooting and problem resolution including:
- Interacting with IBM Support.
- Provide operational support for installed environments (24x7).
- Provide assistance with performance tuning.
- Provide support for requirements gathering and preparing business cases for selected solutions.
- Provide support for product installation, configuration, and implementation including support for the development of testing scenarios based on requirements.
- Development of a capacity monitoring and planning process and assisting in license true-up processes.
- Attending project and team meetings to discuss the solutions as they pertain to the area of expertise
- Working with system vendors and in-house developers to troubleshoot issues within the area of expertise.