Job Title: Service Desk Admin II
Location: Winston-Salem, NC, 27105
Duration: 03 Months
- The Service Desk Admin will be working in a 365/24/7 global help desk/call center environment.
- Uses expertise in customer service and technical knowledge gained from prior support experience in answering clients to resolve requests and incidents surrounding accesses, software, hardware, mobile and other IT related concerns.
- Handles inquiries received through a variety of sources such as email, phone, instant messaging, walk-in.
- Establish methods to deal with various customer behaviors. Applies strategies to build rapport with customers, peers and other organizational work-groups.
- Use effective listening techniques to identify customer need and leverage appropriate communication skills or style to deliver clear messages to customer.
- Leverage knowledge, experience, and/or historical information in fulfilling service requests.
- Documents knowledge and solutions for peers and other work groups in order to minimize customer downtime and duplication of effort. Follow established guidelines for recording service requests, providing status updates to customers and updating appropriate informational databases.
- Tracks all requests for service requests, incidents, changes and information within the Support Center ticketing system.
- Resolves as many requests as possible during the initial contact and follows up on service delivery if escalation is required.
- Follow policies/procedures and continuously reviews for updates.
- Follows established process for handling of Major Incidents for both coordination and communication with IT support teams.
- Coordinates purchases and installation of hardware and software needs.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance to ensure shift coverage.
- Willingness to cover additional/non-scheduled shifts as required by business needs.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned by the supervisor.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree (IT related) from a four-year college or equivalent, or an equivalent combination of formal education, on-the-job training, and/or work experience.
- 2+ years Helpdesk/Technical Support experience.
- Strong Customer service and Communication Skills.
- Can effectively deliver technical support via walk-in, telephone, email or chat.
- Prior ticketing systems experience specifically including monitoring trouble and problem tickets and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ability to diagnose hardware and software problems with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand and create technical and service management documentation.
- Must be able to assess technical issues quickly and perform appropriate service response and protocols.
- Excellent documentation skills geared towards developing procedures to maintain consistency and positive user experience.
- Ability to work under pressure, must know how to schedule, prioritize, multi-task and follow through to ensure that tasks are completed.
- The successful candidate must be willing to be trained and has the ability to learn quickly. Must be adaptable or able to adjust to new conditions and embrace changes.
- Works well with others within the team, department and across the enterprise.
- Promotes a positive team player environment and can maintain regular/predictable attendance. Must be flexible to cover for shift changes as needed by the business.
- Knowledge in ITIL/ITSM (Certification desired but not required)
- Knowledge in HDI-Support Center Analyst (Certification desired but not required)
- Knowledge in the following is desired but not required:
- Office365 and/or Google Suite
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Duo Security or MFA
- VPN/Remote Access
- iPhone Support