Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
Under direct supervision, the Service Desk Analyst I delivers end-to-end support in accordance with IT service level agreements. By partnering with end-users and technology groups, the Analyst ensures all incidents are analyzed, resolved, and reported back within the promised time frames.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate Service Desk incident response/resolution and service request fulfillment services by engaging clients via multiple communication channels and managing client expectations as the primary point of contact.
- Troubleshoot issues to resolution or escalates to appropriate teams or vendors when necessary.
- Document all reported issues, troubleshooting steps and resolutions in the incident management system.
- Provide feedback, additions and updates to the knowledge base where applicable.
- Follow established Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes and procedures.
- Perform operational tasks, including, but not limited to, infrastructure, product development, and information security non-automated procedures.
- Properly evaluate, troubleshoot, escalate, and document issues.
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Stay current on the latest technologies, trends and strategies in use by Discount Tire
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year of customer service experience is required. Software/hardware support experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of PC hardware, computer operating systems and software is required.
- Previous experience with Automated Call Distribution preferred.
- SAP troubleshooting experience is beneficial.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate across all levels of the organization; ability to clearly articulate technical ideas to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing is required. Must be able to type quickly and accurately.
- Knowledge of typical desktop computer software, including skills in Microsoft Office and email is necessary.
- The ability to work both independently and within a team is necessary.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude are essential.
- In addition, organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- This position requires an associate degree in Computer Science, information Technology, IT Engineering or related technical field or equivalent work experience.
- ITIL knowledge preferred
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.