Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 55 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
Our Information Technology division consists of more than 200 professionals and continues to grow responsibly. The Information Center Department is looking to add a Part-time Service Desk Analyst to their current team. A Service Desk Analyst will evaluate telephone, voice mail, e-mail and in-person inquiries from users, including, but not limited to, hardware, software, networking, VOIP phone systems, mobile devices, and remote desktop configurations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides answers to common technical questions, restores service, performs routine procedures to resolve a high percentage of inquiries, and routes more complex issues to a higher level of support.
- Follows Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes and procedures.
- Tracks and monitors the status of open incidents/requests.
- Ensures vendor procedures are completed when issues arise; contacts vendors for resolution; ensures vendor adheres to service level agreements; tracks and follows up with vendor and customer.
- Performs operational tasks, including, but not limited to, infrastructure, product development, and information security non-automated procedures.
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires one year of customer service experience.
- Software/hardware support experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of PC hardware and computer operating systems, including, but not limited to, Windows and IOS, is required.
- Previous experience with Automated Call Distribution is preferred.
- SAP troubleshooting experience is beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization is necessary; ability to clearly articulate technical ideas to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing is required.
- Knowledge of typical desktop computer software, including skills in Microsoft Office and email is necessary.
- The ability to work both independently and within a team is necessary.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- This position requires an associate's degree or equivalent experience.
- Additional college-level information technology or business-related courses are beneficial.
- Software/hardware certifications are a plus.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary. Schedules are subject to change.