We have a great opportunity to join a team at the ground floor as a Service Desk Lead, in Rockville, MD. The right candidate manages the overall function and operations of the Help Desk. Provides leadership to all employees and team leads working the Help Desk, ensuring that the customer's needs are met, issues are resolved efficiently, and the client's satisfaction is maintained.
- Oversees and manages a team of Help Desk Analysts in performing a variety of basic user-problem analyses. Ensures that all customer inquiries and issues are addressed and resolved within a timely manner.
* Updates and maintains all policies and procedures related to the Help Desk.
* Conducts employees' annual reviews and evaluations.
* Acts as final point of escalation for all customer issues and questions if they cannot be triaged by a Help Desk Analyst or team lead.
* Responsible for all communication directly with the government customer in regards to policies, procedures, and help desk functions.
* Ensures all necessary reviews and approvals for salary changes are received. Initiates and implements corrective action plans for all employees working on the Help Desk.
* Ensures appropriate staffing levels are maintained. Creates job requisitions, reviews candidate applications, conducts interviews, and selects new hires.
* Ensures that goals or objectives of the Help Desk are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of the Help Desk.
* Functions collaboratively as part of a fast-paced, customer oriented team and performs effectively as a member of a program team.
* Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, client, and other departments partnering with the Help Desk.
* Overall responsibility for leading the program, department, or functional area as designated. Oversees. directs, and mentors subordinate staff; communicates job expectations and enforces organizational policies, procedures and core values; responsible for recruiting staff, approving timecards, and conducting performance reviews and disciplinary measures.
Bachelor's Degree. 5+ years of experience as a Customer Service Representative or Help Desk Operator and 2-5
years of management experience.
Other Job Specific Skills
- Must be detail oriented, as well as able to work well with clients.
* Must demonstrate leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines.
* Demonstrated ability to write business and technical reports and to participate in presentations.
* Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees, management and outside representatives.
* Ability to resolve complex and diverse technical and management issues.
* Strong computer, written and verbal skills.
* Knowledge of ITIL framework and processes.
* Prior military experience or knowledge and experience with Federal Government Civilian workforce is a plus.
HDI Support Center Manager desired