View more Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Service Desk Manager
Security Clearance required: Top Secret with SCI Eligibility
US Citizenship Required
Location: Washington, DC
Position Summary: The Service Desk Manager will ensure all users have the requisite security clearance, authorization, and need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before granting access to NS3 classified networks. Service Desk Manager is ultimately responsible for managing the Tier 2 service calls and must be an expert in queue management, Service Level Agreement (SLA) monitoring, reporting and achievement of Service Desk objectives, and have a firm grasp and understanding of the hardware/software tools that the Tier 2 support services provide.
- Oversee overall service desk support for the desktop computing environment (PC, Desktop/Laptop), as well as printers, copiers, telephones, etc.
- Observe the day-to-day NS3 service desk operations and respond quickly to service request.
- Establish service performance metrics, monitor to ensure IT consistently achieves service goals, and provide daily, weekly, and monthly management reports.
- Administer all requests, incidents and problems.
- Help establish processes needed to provide high quality customer service and minimum response time for service request.
- Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents.
- Develop a mature phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization.
- Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Manage the performance of Tier1 and Tier 2 services and support to clients (internal and external) and ensure that service levels are achieved.
- Ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Ensure staff meet and/or exceed expectations regarding performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks.
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Specialists.
- Oversee staff activities.
- Build training material for service desk staff.
- Schedule employees working times and provide backup support.
- Interact with internal and external customers.
- Work to make Service Desk the single source of truth and service delivery channel for IT.
- Monitor and manage phone queue (participating in escalated calls as needed).
- Oversee Solutions repository and ensure top quality solutions are available to the staff.
- Develop Service and Business Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance.
- Develop an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT support in the organization.
- Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
- Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization.
- Stay current on developments within the IT industry and provide recommendations on ways to optimize speed, reduce cost, etc.
- Install or assist service desk team in installation of hardware and peripheral components, such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives, following design or installation best practices.
- Ensure the implementation and maintenance of fully documented procedures for imaging computing devices supported by NS3 Director.
- Manage hardware inventory and provide quarterly reporting and refresh cycles.
- Ensure the implementation and maintenance of fully documented procedures and SOP's for I.T related and Service Desk Support activities.
- Produce ad-hoc reports detailing the status of the Open and Aging Service Desk Tickets.
- Personally, communicate with and oversee all VIP related issues until closure.
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- 'Active” Top Secret with eligibility to obtain Sensitive Compartmented Information Clearance.
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline, plus 10 years' experience.
- Must possess one of the following DoD level II Security professional certifications: COMPTIA Security + with CE, Cyber Security Analyst certification (CySA), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP), GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) 4 Foundation certification must be completed within 6 months.
- Expertise and knowledge with the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) Instruction No. 1253, Privacy Act of 1947, and implementing systems that contain Sensitive Information
- Must have demonstrated ability to organize and manage distributed systems.
- Require being on call and the ability to respond to emergency issues during off hours.
- Strong background in IT service delivery with a proven track record of ability to meet business requirements.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with a broad base of technical and non-technical audiences including project teams and multiple management layers.
- Service Desk experience in Windows environments; experience with performing desktop builds, fixes, repair, software installs and upgrades, and other troubleshooting tasks in a Windows 7/Windows 10 environment.
- Proficiency in ticketing systems such as Big Fix, Service Now Ticketing System, or similar tools. Experience with Service Desk software.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Active directory, and operations management tools. Familiarity with scripting tools.
- Familiarity with building images.
- Experience in implementing technology lifecycles and refresh processes.
- Good experience in application support, in addition to infrastructure support.
- Experience with migration/upgrading systems from legacy to newer workstations.
- Experience with Alt Tokens, CAC Cards and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- Experience with Asset Management.
- Strong customer orientation and the ability to foster teamwork.
- 10+ years of management experience.
- Ability to keep promises to your customers is required for building NS3's integrity and reputation.
- DESIRED SKILLS: Must have 7-10 years of professional experience in a medium to large size organization with complex networks. HDI Service Desk Manager Certification
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
View More Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.