Title: Service Desk Manager
Terms: Full-Time / Direct Placement
Target compensation: $110-115k
Location: San Mateo, CA
Target Start Date: TBD
Company Size: 500+
Industry: Financial Firm
Notes: Working remotely / telecommuting not an option
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY & POSITION:
- It's an exciting time to be in our IT department; we're investing heavily in the future of our firm's technology. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled technology team that drives future global growth and scale through strategic solutions and continuous innovation. We play a foundational role in supporting our firm's diverse businesses, and we're excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more talented technologists to our team.
- Our IT Department is now seeking a highly talented IT Service Desk Manager to manage the day-to-day operations of our end user support team. This position will be in our San Mateo, CA, office (near San Francisco, CA). This will be a contract-to-hire or direct hire opportunity.
TOP 3 SKILLS NEEDED:
- Strong IT Lead experience or management (3-5 years)
- Exp with ServiceNow (Tool was just implemented)
- Exp with ITLL and process improvement.
- Provide leadership and management oversight for a team of ten tier 1/tier 2 end-user support staff.
- Identify areas of improvement for IT service delivery, along with the ability to strategically plan and manage these ideas to fruition.
- Oversee knowledge base solutions with a keen eye on enhancing end-user services.
- Coordinate service delivery with other IT leaders and Project Managers.
- Launch services resulting from IT projects and initiatives.
- Responsible for client relationship management across multiple sites while advocating for client needs.
- Perform a variety of management and coordination responsibilities such as hire, train, supervise and support career staff.
- Identify and report metrics on key performance indicators.
- Availability to respond to after-hour needs as necessary for Executive Support.
- Your Qualifications:
- 2+ years as a Help Desk/Desktop/Service Desk Manager
- Hands on experience with help desk and remote control software
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and end users with varying levels of technical expertise
- Self-starter who displays a sense of urgency and drives issues through to completion
- Team management skills
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field
- Ability to lift to 25 lbs. for moves and intake of inventory
WHY YOU WOULD WANT TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY:
This organization is a different kind of investment firm. We don't come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the finance industry, and we're proud of that. We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to innovative perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it's our people that enable us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them accordingly, offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- 50% 401(k) match - up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of paid time off* (plus 9 paid holidays)
- 8 week paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Open and supportive team-based environment
- And much, much more
***We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work environment; we're Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian named us as a 2017 and 2018 Top Workplace. ***
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.