Service Desk Manager need
3 Month Contract to Hire
Overland Park, KS
Brooksource is looking for a Service Desk Manager to join our healthcare client's team to manage the internal customer support call center staff and oversee the delivery and quality of the managed service vendor call center staff overseas. In this role, you'd coordinate the activities associated with the identification, prioritization, and resolution of reported problems within a line of business or enterprise-wide systems/applications.
This candidate will
You'd be responsible for ensuring at all phases of help desk support are coordinated, monitored, logged, tracked, and resolved appropriately and timely. If you have experience in the field, and are looking for an opportunity to lead and impact a service desk team, keep reading and apply below!
needto have experience managing offshore/outsourced teams or resources, ideally have experience helping transition to an outsourced model and establishing best practices and processes.
- 10 years of experience providing computer systems customer support, including 3 years of supervisory/management and outsourcing vendor management experience.
- A combination of education and less experience may qualify.
- Organizes, and manages all aspects of I/S Customer Support for a functional area or areas within a line of business or for enterprise-wide systems, applications and hardware, Point of Care, Microsoft Office, desktop and laptop computers, printers and servers).
- Ensures staff is trained on technology and departmental procedures to support delivery of timely and accurate trouble shooting, problem solving and technical advice to end-users of information systems.
- Manages Service Level Agreements (SLAs) by monitoring and ensuring acceptable problem resolution in accordance with established service level standards.
- Ensures all vendor SLA goals are satisfied and that communication is provided if any are trending negatively.
- Manages problem escalation protocols with other departments within I/S and with vendor partners. Ensure that escalated issues are monitored and brought to a timely resolution.
- Oversees and manages the administration of the function assigned, including full budget and staff responsibility. Ensures employees receive training, development, coaching, and motivation for effective performance and retention. Ensures vendor
- Drives the efficiency and effectiveness of the incident management process and recommends improvements
- Reports SLA and KPI metrics to vendor and or internal management at agreed upon intervals
- Strong logic and reasoning abilities to analyze and react to Service Center data.
- Strong people skills and a desire to interact constantly with others at various levels: subordinates, facility staff, vendors and senior management.
- Excellent detail skills to manage a high volume, high intensity Customer Support and outsourcing function
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proven management skills to deal with managed service vendor, other managers and staff in complex business situations with little scheduling latitude.
- Commitment to deadlines and deliverables, with a 'customer first' attitude.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: 10%
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.