Service Reliability Engineer
BC Forward is currently seeking highly motivated Service Reliability Engineer for a remote oppotunity.
Title: Service Reliability Engineer/Site Reliability Engineer
Duration: 6 Months
- Analyze and evaluate computer and business systems. Manage availability, scalability and efficiency of critical equipment and services.
- Review and influence ongoing standards and methods for operating services and systems.
- Provide administrative services in support of the production and non-production environment including design, setup, teardown, analysis, testing, system tuning, managing, and providing operational support for various elements within the environment (servers, printers, storage devices etc.), network accounts (users, groups, distribution lists, and so on), and software.
- Perform cost/benefit/risk analysis. Assists in ensuring that the methodology is compliant with information technology guidelines.
- Network monitoring, sustained engineering, fault identification, fault isolation, troubleshooting, logging, tracking, escalation, resolution and root cause analysis in a production environment.
- Performs IOS upgrades, Hotfix deployment, Firmware updates, ENG bundle deployments, configuration updates, existing deployment expansions, non-standard build remediation, decommissioning, consolidation, and migration activities associated with Production Network and equipment and / or Application Networking equipment (BIGIPs, Netscaler, CSMs, Firewalls).
- Execution of configuration tools, file backups and production scripts.
- Other duties may include scripting or light programming, project management for systems-related projects and being a consultant for computer problems beyond the knowledge of technical support staff.
- Degrees or certifications required? - IT/Programming degrees or certifications are preferred.
- Disqualifiers - No previous IT/programming background. Someone who is previously coming from administrative roles or any background that does not relate to service engineering.
- Performance indicators - Quality of work (ie. CPE's, SLA's, Customer Surveys/Feedback)
Whom to reach: Nitesh Kumar
How to apply: Please share an updated resume
BCforward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customer's specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 161150 when responding to this ad.