Job Title: Senior ServiceNow Administrator
Job Location: Lakewood, CO - 80215
Job Type: FTE / Direct hire
**NOTE: We are unable to work with 3rd parties on this role**
ServiceNow Configuration Analyst
A medical device company is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of a ServiceNow Administrator which acts as ServiceNow System Administrator, responsible for maintaining the stability and usability of the ServiceNow platform. This position supports the development, maintenance and improvement of core ITSM processes, through the configuration and development of ServiceNow. This role will interact closely with the Sr. ITSM Analyst to understand customer and stakeholder requirements for key activities, to ensure alignment with ITSM initiatives, and drive continuous process improvement. This position will also contribute to the development and automation of other processes outside of ITSM.
What are some of the responsibilities the ServiceNow Administrator may have?
- Assists in the review, design, and improvement of ITSM processes and procedures for the effective management and adherence of ITSM process areas.
- Manages and resolves incidents against ServiceNow applications
- Performs routine maintenance to include performance monitoring and error identification/remediation
- Responsible for identifying problems, researching solutions, reconfiguring or recoding system to improve system functionality.
- Analyzes IT business and technical problems, designing, coding, testing, maintaining, supporting, documenting and installing solutions.
- Manages Update Set creation and migration
- Plans ServiceNow upgrades and execution
- Manages ServiceNow instance security
- Trains IT personnel to ITSM processes and tools
- Communicates process standards to ensure understanding and consistency
- Works closely with Sr. Analysts to understand business stakeholder environment and collect requirements
- Operates and provides day-to-day administration of the ServiceNow, following defined ITSM processes
- Focuses on KPI measurement, providing a means for gathering and reporting on data
- Assists in the development and implementation of improvements to the processes and the tools that support them
- Facilitates meetings including weekly Change Review Board meetings, Monthly Operations Reviews, and other meetings as required
- Audits Change Requests, Service Requests, Incidents and other ITSM tool generated tickets to ensure compliancy and accuracy
- Maintains a Service Catalog representing business services
- Maintains the Definitive Media Library (DML) in accordance with ITSM processes
- Generates periodic and Ad-Hoc reports from ServiceNow regarding status of ITSM performance indicators
The following are some examples of skills for success:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems, or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
- Minimum 6 years' experience:
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow
- Requires knowledge utilizing and configuring ServiceNow to provide customer solutions
- Experience in Information Technology using ITSM or ITIL best practices
- Preferred foundational knowledge of agile methodology
- ServiceNow System Administration, including but not limited to the following:
- List/Form/Navigation Pane Updates
- Catalog Items
- Instance Patch Management
- Creating Tables and Fields
- Working knowledge of IT Service Management Processes, various reporting tools, incident/problem and call tracking systems, tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to generate meaningful analysis of Service Management data, asset tracking, CMDB, incident and problem, etc.
- Requires ability to facilitate meetings
- Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications, including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Visio, and skills to use them effectively
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Customer Service oriented and possesses interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and possesses organizing and priority setting skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and manage conflict with effective solutions
- Is action-oriented and able to drive for results