The ServiceNow ITOM Discovery & Service Mapping Specialist is part of the Service Management Platform & Strategy team. This individual will work with technical SME's to gather technical requirements as needed. The ServiceNow ITOM Discovery & Service Mapping Specialist plays a key role during the planning stage of enhancing the automated collection of configuration data that makes up a Service. Additionally, the specialist will work with ITSM teams to understand process requirements and translate them into technical specifications for Service Mapping.
• Work with process owners to understand the process requirements related to the capture of configuration data and develop technical specifications and solutions.
• Work with systems managers to ensure that the Discovery tool has the appropriate access and permissions to capture configuration information.
• Provide visibility to the performance and issues related to Discovery via the development and deployment of unified CMDB dashboards.
• Collaborate with Infrastructure Architects to understand IT technology strategy that guide which requirements need to be gathered.
• Work with Application SMEs to create and validate Service Maps for key applications.
• Perform day to day administration of the ServiceNow Service Mapping/Discovery tool, including mapping additional defined business services into the tool and updating discovery configurations for deeper network penetration.
• Maintain the integrity of the Service Mapping tool across production and non-production environments
• Assisting in troubleshooting patch/release management issues, and upgrades
• Review the data being populated into the CMDB and act as the partial owner of the CMDB