Role/Title Sheetmetal Technician Sr
Location Savannah, GA 31407
Duration 11 Months
- Knowledge in Solumina, Catia V5, and SAP is a plus but not required.
- The Sheetmetal Technician Senior works under minimal supervision to safely lay-out, fabricate and install parts equipment and fabricated items on aircraft following established operating procedures.
- All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications, quality standards and completed work should meet customer expectations.
- Mentor and train other Sheetmetal Technicians.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use complicated schematics/blueprints, engineering drawings and technical instructions to safely perform Sheetmetal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment or fabricated items on aircraft.
- Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
- Mentor and train Sheetmetal Technicians, as required.
- Review their work prior to sign off to ensure work complies with quality control standards.
- Oversee projects or other technicians and assesses requirements of assigned tasks to procure required. materials and documentation for assigned tasks.
- Use blueprints to cut and form plastics and follow standard operating procedures when using adhesives, sealants and solvents.
- Utilizing tools as required. to shape and form complex angles and configurations according to blueprint specifications or written/verbal information.
- Safely operate shop equipment such as: brakes, presses, riveting equipment, shears, and hand tools associated with Sheetmetal functions. Use the proper hardware for various Sheetmetal applications.
- Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Uses personal protective equipment as required.
- Ensures aircraft is protected (PTP).
- Conduct monthly 5S audits, as required.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Assist in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required.
- Work closely with lead to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce cost, cycle time, and man hours.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g. YIAW, Kaizen events, etc.)
- Coordinate with other disciplines concerning projects.
- Perform Lead responsibilities, as required. Perform other duties as assigned.