The Electronics Engineering Technician has nine years' experience in the research and development of electronic equipment to include problem analysis, testing, troubleshooting and repair of electronic equipment. Must be proficient in the use of test equipment including analyzers (signal, network, noise, modulation, power and audio), oscilloscopes, meters, generators (signal, vector), and power supplies in the testing and analysis of electronic communication devices and issues. Experience in working with engineering personnel and field personnel is preferred. Maintaining detailed project records and procedures for all associated project equipment is essential.
• Research test equipment capabilities and apply those capabilities to the analysis and development of electronic communications devices including reception and transmission
• Demonstrate a deep understanding of electronics principles, theories, and concepts and apply those to complex projects
• Develop technical solutions in collaboration with project engineers and technicians to overcome operational and testing obstacles to device deployment. Perform deep analyses of issues and approaches to influence management on the best course of action.
• Demonstrate independent ability to meet all project objectives developing and providing a holistic final solution for the end user and situation. Document new processes and approaches to share with others in the group and on the project team. Lead others in the ability to analyze, define, configure and operate electronic test equipment and electronic communications devices to solve complex issues.
• Nine years' experience using commercial test equipment from Agilent, Keysight, HP, Tektronix and National Instruments including power supplies, multimeters, oscilloscopes, counters, power meters, signal & waveform generators, electronic loads and audio, noise, signal, modulation and power analyzers
• Analyze and troubleshoot communications equipment problems and provide technical solutions to operational and test issues affecting multiple groups. Present solutions to end customers.
• Five years' experience with tests including, but not limited to, Voltage Standing Wave Radio (VSWR), Effective Isotropic Radiated Power (EIRP), Signal to Noise + Distortion (SINAD), sensitivity and power consumption
• Lead the team in establishing and updating project procedures and documentation related to the communications devices under test
• 1 year customer experience
• Communicate regularly with Customer management, Requirements officers, T&I officers, Engineers, Quality Assurance and the contract PM to influence decision makers of the best approach and provide the status of the analysis and testing performed
• Security Clearance: Must have a ISSA w/Polygraph
• Bachelor of Science Electrical or Computer Engineering degree and 5 years of relevant work experience
• Demonstrate strong written/verbal communications, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills including willingness and ability to document and share information.
• Able to work well in a team environment and as an individual contributor.
• Microsoft Office, Outlook
• ISCET Journeyman Certification in Industrial, Communications and Computer Technology or equivalent