LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
As the sole facility engineer, position actively provides daily technical support and leadership to drive improvements in operations, maintenance, process safety, and reliability programs. Resolves problems through troubleshooting & operator knowledge, and implements solutions in a timely manner. Determines root causes and issues technical solutions as necessary to support goals for production, maintenance, and reliability. Responsible for ensuring compliance with corporate and Equistar Pipeline process safety programs.Roles & Responsibilities
* Maintain strong safety and environmental compliance focus, and drive improvements in site HSE performance.
* Assist in evaluating and resolving site operational, maintenance, and/or reliability issues.
* Demonstrated ability to apply engineering concepts to solve operational problems.
* Knowledgeable in PSM programs and relevant company Operational Excellence standards.
* Site focal point for initiating and executing management of change (MOC) activities.
* Develop and implement projects to reduce risk, increase reliability, and reduce costs.
* Leads or participates in incident investigations and root cause failure analysis.
* Provides technical support on site expense and capital projects.
* Balance day-to-day operational priorities with long term strategic objectives to ensure alignment with company goals.
CompetenciesBuilds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
* Bachelor's Degree in mechanical engineering.
* Minimum of 6 years relevant work experience in the petrochemical, pipeline, or underground storage industries.
* Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated knowledge of statistical application such as Six Sigma as well as incident investigation methodologies such as Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), and/or Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
* Self-directed, self-motivated, and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston