Our innovative client, a multinational software corporation that makes software services for the architecture, engineering, construction, manufacturing, media, education, and entertainment industries, has an exciting opening for a Site Support Technician to join their team. If you’re interested, please send an updated resume!
Title: Site Support Technician
Location: San Rafael, CA
Duration: 6 months contract with potential extensions
-Around 3 years of experience in IT support
-Windows & Mac OS administration
-Computer hardware troubleshooting
-Excellent written & communication
• Respond to requests from the Helpdesk and support internal users on various desktop systems issues. Assess assigned severity levels and prioritize work accordingly. In some locations, (may) maintain print queues.
• Provide extended technical support to local network or system users and troubleshoot user software or hardware problems in line with support policies. (May) exchange equipment parts. Train customers on various tools and systems. Maintain documentation and training material for supported services. Communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel. Provide hands on help to other IT groups.
• Extensive hands-on desktop support experience in a large, diverse computing environment with multiple office locations
• Implement and follow standards and policies as defined by corporate and division senior management; escalate exceptions to direct manager or senior management staff.
• Proven technical experience configuring and troubleshooting technical issues with O365 & Mac and Windows Desktop Imaging
• Experience and strong working knowledge of the functionality of Active Directory, Service Now.
• Strong technical experience configuring and supporting technical issues with mobile computing devices, such as Notebooks, Smartphones and handheld devices.
• Participate in information technology and infrastructure projects. Test new equipment and systems prior to implementation. Implement and communicate new technology to internal end users.
• Install and configure PCs within the local geographical region, using standard processes and tools.
• Receive and work on break/fix requests from the Helpdesk. Send ‘Users’ replacement system and coordinate system repair with vendors.
• Interact and collaborate with vendors regarding PC repairs and vendor related tickets
• Coordinate transfer of customer data during system upgrades or machine breakdowns.
• Assist facilities with on-site project work for office relocation or refurbishment.
• Recommend hardware and software solutions