Software Dev Engineer III
SDE III (Nashville, TN)
SERVICES TO BE PERFORMED
- You will work through all phases of the project lifecycle, including reviewing requirements, designing services that lay foundation for the new technology platform, build new interfaces
and also integrate with existing architectures, developing and testing code, and delivering seamless implementations for Global customers.
- Evaluate and utilize AWS technologies where appropriate, such as EC2, RDS/DynamoDB/RedShift, to design and build scalable backend web services and customer facing APIs.
- Deeply understand and work with variety of developer tools across the spectrum of Software development lifecycle
- Build iteratively using agile methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of progressive software development in Java or relevant programming languages
- Experience working on projects through the entire software development lifecycle
- Must be able to solve a complex problem on his/her own by utilizing experience and other resources
- Design/code applications requiring a high degree of complexity
- Design data structures that meet the application requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience creating advanced architectures and sustainable solutions
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Highly innovative, self-directed and able to deal well with ambiguous problems
Notes from Intake Call:
* Team does a lot of reporting.
* Team builds service to help support headcounts within Amazon primarily with the Recruiting teams.
Possibility for extension or conversion
* Would like to convert these positions
Timeline and Core Hours:
* These 3 position will sit in Nashville (BNA14)
* 8-5 Monday to Friday
* Start date on Monday, September 9
* Basic understanding of data structures, algorithms
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* Good communication skills, will be working with remote teams
* AWS certification
* Phone screen then onsite/video interview (HM will be in Nashville for a few days and would like to schedule interviews during that time, HM is thinking August 29 and 30)
Which leadership principles resonate most with you and that you would like to see in a new team member?
* Insist on Highest Standards
* Dive Deep
* Customer Obsession
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 270993 when responding to this ad.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.