Title: Software Developer - App Maintenance
Location: Lafayette, CO
Type: Direct Hire
Are you up for the challenge of delivering cutting edge web based software based on the Microsoft Stack of technologies? Is solving business challenges in innovative and inventive ways with the newest tools and platforms how you would like to spend your days? Do you want to want to work with a team of developers and QA analysts that are all invested in producing great products? Are you looking for an opportunity for a stable work environment with reasonable work hours?
Position Description: As a member of the Technology team, the Software Developer will play a crucial role in delivering web based software based on the Microsoft Stack of technologies (Including C# ASP.NET, Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework, SQL Server). The successful candidate has experience creating scalable solutions and delivering high quality software for our client's Software as a Service (SaaS) products.
The Software Developer will be responsible for the following in 2018:
In the first 2 weeks you will:
- Have a running development environment confirmed by successfully building the code base for the existing product.
- Accept, estimate, develop and test a set of low-priority defects associated with one product.
- Have the solutions peer reviewed and passed prior to check-in
In the first 30 days you will:
- Have a minimum of two features ready for delivery following the defined development process and deploy the features to production.
- Contribute towards the planning, tasking, execution and delivery as defined by an agile development environment that includes reporting time against tasks, estimation of effort, code reviews and commitment to delivery.
- Work on deploying the fixes to production.
In the first 90 days you will:
- Demonstrate development productivity and quality on par with the other team members through the daily input of status information. All developed code will be highly scalable, high-quality, object-oriented, and comply with our clients standards.
- Demonstrate either the ability to design and develop a) rich user interfaces using standards compliant technologies, b) C# service/business/data layers and other distributed processing components, c) back-end tools to help with builds, deployments, troubleshooting.
In the first 6 months you will:
- Collaborate with team members, project managers, product managers and other senior executives on identifying and documenting the technical tasks.
- Contribute to the analysis, solution designs and implementations of major new system components
By the end of the first year you will have:
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of our client's SaaS platform to the point of leading feature development for multiple components of the platform
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with .Net Stack - C# Visual Web Development, ASP.NET Web Forms, SQL Server (5 years)
- Experience in enterprise software using Object Oriented programming, n-tier design, and service-oriented architecture
- Experience working in a scrum/Kanban environment.
- Experience with Git or other source control systems.
- Creative and passionate about cutting edge technologies and continuous personal and team improvement
- Committed to deliver great software solutions, with a deep sense of personal ownership and passion for working with all types of Software Developers and QA Analysts
- Work ethic that corresponds with our client's core values: Integrity – Teamwork – Helpfulness – Excellence – Accountability
- Experience with build automation tools and continuous integration & continuous delivery (with VSTS/Azure DevOps a plus)
- Experience building applications in a cloud environment is a plus.
- Experience with Entity Framework, MVC a plus.
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!