Get your logistics together. Evolve here.
Schaefer Systems International provides storage, materials handling, logistics and waste technology solutions to businesses throughout North America. We design and manufacture state-of-the-art intralogistic storage and picking solutions for all types of industries as well as plastic containers, pallets, and waste and recycling carts. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaefer Systems International is part of the SSI SCHAEFER Group, a global leader in logistics and materials handling founded in 1937 with offices and plants in over 50 different countries. For more information, visit http://www.ssi-schaefer.com.
The Software Developer designs and implements software solutions for automated material handling software systems and equipment in warehouses and distribution centers. This position requires knowledge about various programming languages, software development tools, software architecture, operating systems, hardware and network design and databases.
- Design and implement software solutions based on software requirement specifications
- Test software implementation against requirements
- Responsible for a specific area of software development within a project
- Create small scale requirement analysis and software specifications
- Create software documentation for software implementation
- Actively communicate with team members, IT Project Manager and Software Developer Lead about the work and project status
- Actively escalate issues to IT Project Manager and Software Developer Lead
- Participate in team meetings on an as-needed basis
- Commission software on-site
- Set-up and execute test scenarios for commissioning
- Support system ramp-up and go-live on-site
- Troubleshoot system issues in 1st, 2nd or 3rd level depending on project requirements
- Effectively communicate with customers if required
- Occasionally perform installation of network or computer hardware if required by a project in the office or on-site
- Occasionally handle test product required for test scenarios on-site (Tubs, Totes, Cases etc.)