Leidos is seeking a Developer to support a high-paced program office environment. The Developer will work on a small 4-person team to support updating a tool that amalgamates, searches, then displays data from various data sources. The program office has been in service for two years and is still working at a 'startup' pace. The ideal candidate would have experience with conflicting and changing priorities. The program office has a close knit group of people with varying skillsets who are very dedicated to its success of the mission. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered and is located in the Northern Virginia area.
The Developer will be responsible for the following types of tasks:
- Provision, configure, and apply security updates as needed to cloud-based AWS server instances.
- Maintain software code and troubleshoot application production issues within the full-stack of web development, from front-end view to back-end data and server issues.
- Update application datasets with new data from providers, as well as create mappings and ingestion procedures for new datasets into Elasticsearch. This will include the ability to programmatically manipulate JSON, MS Excel, csv, xml and other data formats to aide in data ingestion processes.
- Develop and test new application features in NodeJS, Vue, React, and other web development tools to accommodate the addition of new data from various sources.
- Communicate and meet with data partners to help establish requirements and potential data collection procedures. This may also include working with data partners to establish application connections and test SOAP and/or Rest APIs.
- Assist with paperwork and application requirements to meet security approvals for test and production environments.
- Be comfortable doing applications and answering technical questions for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be flexible to assist in multiple project areas as needed on a daily basis as priorities may shift.
- Requires a BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Demonstrated experience with Object Oriented Programming languages, such as JAVA, C++, RUBY and/or NodeJS A self-starter who enjoys working on small teams with dynamic priorities and responsibilities.
- Experience communicating and collaborating well with others, while also being able to work independently with generally defined requirements.
- Demonstrated experience working with REST or SOAP APIs.
- Demonstrated experience working in Cloud Environment/AWS deploying and maintaining web applications in dev, test, and prod environments.
- Demonstrated experience with NodeJS and MEAN, ELK or similar stack. Demonstrated experience programming with front-end Web Framework such as Vue.js or React.
- Demonstrated experience collecting, translating, and modeling sets of data for analysis in ElasticSearch.
- Demonstrated experience developing and deploying applications in Windows and Unix Operating Systems.
- Demonstrated experience with requirements analysis and definition.
- Demonstrated ability to programmatically manipulate JSON, MS Excel, csv, xml and other data formats to aide in data ingestion processes.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining software code.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting application production issues Experience communicating with and answering questions for both technical and non-technical audiences.