BCforward is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Software Developer for their on-site requirement in Memphis, TN.
This position involves the integration of enterprise data into a cohesive analytical data warehouse. Duties include, but are not limited to, new application development and production application support as part of a rapid application development team. Key responsibilities include:
* Participate in detailed technical design, development, implementation and support of Big Data applications using existing and emerging technology platforms;
* Work with large streams of data with tools like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Flume, and Cassandra;
* Develop understanding of client business processes, objectives, and solution requirements;
* Participate in project work groups with subject matter experts and stakeholders to understand data specific needs;
* Code per development and performance standards;
* Resolve defects identified in testing and code reviews;
* Execute performance test and tuning activities;
* Support production deployment and production support;
* Work on sprint team in agile, rapid development and deployment environment; and
* Support production application by investigainge and resolving production inquiries and issues.
* A minimum of ten (10) years experience in software development or related field;
* A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is preferred;
* 5+ years of experience developing Java based software solutions;
* 2+ years of experience with Apache Hadoop tools;
* 2+ years of experience with NoSQL implementation, including stream processing;
* 2+ years of experience building data pipelines;
* Experience with design, development, tuning and production support of transactional and BI reporting systems (e.g. OLAP and data warehouse);
* Experience with logical and physical database design and modeling;
* Experience with ETL development;
* Experience with database performance tuning through table partitioning, table indexing, and process threading;
* Experience with sizing and maintenance of datatabase storage;
* Experience with Agile development;
* Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills;
* Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job;
* Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel;
* Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program;
* Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program;* Excellent communications skills (both verbal & written);
* Ability to accommodate off-hours work for production support; and
* Able to obtain Postal clearance.
* Postal or mailing industry experience;
* Experience with Apache Cassandra;
* Familiarity with Agile development practices; and
* Experience programming in Scala.
Additional Provisions * Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check. * Once candidate's resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process. * If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance. * All candidates must be a US Citizen, or have permanent residence status (Green Card). * Candidate must have lived in the US for the past 5 years. * Cannot have more than 6 months travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.) * All overtime must be pre-approved in writing by the client manager or his/her designated representative. * Agency will not be reimbursed for overtime charges without previous written authorization. Authorized overtime will be reimbursed at straight time. * The enforced dress code is business casual, i.e. collared shirt with slacks for men, no skirts above the knee for women. Place and Period of Performance * Hours of support: o The standard work week for contract staff will be 5 days a week and 8 hours per day preferable Monday through Friday. o Contract staff may be required to travel to support business efforts.
Location: Memphis, TN
Duration: 1 year
Who to Contact: Victoria DiMarco
How to Apply: Please send your resume to
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full service personnel solutions organization. BCforward's headquarters are in Indianapolis, Indiana and also operates delivery centers in 17 locations in North America as well as Hyderabad, India and Puerto Rico. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm headquartered in Indiana. With 14+ years of uninterrupted growth, the addition of two brands (Stafforward and PMforward) and a team of more than 1400 resources our teams deliver services for multiple industries from both public and private sectors. BCforward's team of dedicated staffing professionals has placed thousands of talented people over the past decade, with retention rates that are consistently higher than the industry average.
Stay in the lead - Find the latest in Hot Job posts, tips to stand out in the crowd, and more! Join BCforward on Facebook today!
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 93360 when responding to this ad.