Summary:The Software Developer will design, develop, test and support multiple applications used by Global Payments for Merchant Onboarding and Servicing. Will work on multiple parallel projects and be responsible for multiple phases of the software development lifecycle. The Software Developer prepares detailed design specifications from which programs will be written. Design, code, test, debug, document, and maintain those programs. Competent to work self-starting throughout the SDLC within an Agile team and Cloud based environment. Work well with other technical individuals, and be a collaborative, team oriented person comfortable bringing new ideas to the group.
Write high-quality, re-usable code following industry and company best practices
Provide development estimates for enhancement requests
Perform design and code reviews and help maintain code quality
Test programs to ensure quality and expected results prior to deployment
Research and solve problems discovered by QA or Product and develop solutions
Work on multiple parallel projects of moderate to advanced complexity
Complete documentation requirements for all projects
Collaborate with business stakeholders and Business Analysts to help identify and document project requirements
Provide input to monthly status reports as requested
Collaborate with offshore team members and regional stakeholders
Operate with a “Security First” mentality in all phases of the SDLC
Support the company’s “Cloud First” business model
Identify functionality and capabilities within legacy applications that can be compartmentalized into reusable micro services to be hosted in a shared services business layer
Design, code, test, debug, document, and maintain the aforementioned micro services
- 3+ years experience with .NET Framework, C#.NET, and ASP.NET
- 3+ years experience designing and building applications
- Strong understanding of SOA, REST, WEB API
- Strong working knowledge of classic ASP and VB
- Strong understanding of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and later, Microsoft IIS 7 and later, Microsoft Component Services and Microsoft Message Queue (MSMQ)
- Strong understanding of the SDLC and related concepts
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical and verbal skills
- Willingness to adopt and support new technologies such as (but not limited to) Angular, JSON, Java, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and independent, effective at multitasking, and able to interact with individuals from multiple disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or similar.
- Strong people skills and ability to collaborate with remote teams
- Familiarity and prior experience with delivery in a Cloud Architecture preferred..
- Familiarity and prior experience with Agile Methodology preferred.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.