Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talented individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
We are currently looking for a Software Developer to work in either our Rockville, MD or New York City office. We offer competitive compensation and fantastic benefits, as well as a collegial workplace in a business-casual dress environment. You'll also find plenty of options for professional development and advancement with us. If this sounds like the kind of career move you've been wanting to make, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you!
Please note: our offices are currently closed due to the pandemic and our employees are working from home. Once our offices reopen, this position will transition to working in either our Rockville, MD or NYC offices.
As a Software Developer, you will formulate and define specifications for complex operating software programming applications and/or modify/maintain complex existing applications to work as part of a team with influence across a larger organization.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Research, construct, develop, and test complex computer application software or systems
- Analyze users' needs and design software as necessary.
- Maintain computer applications software and systems and debug as problems arise.
- Evaluate new and existing software to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance; identify candidate hardware systems and components.
- Perform Technical Review of requirements, Analyze source data and provide gap analysis.
- Coordinate cross-functional projects as assigned and interact with all areas of the organization to achieve timely results
- Consult with customers on project status and advise customer about technical issues
- Provide technical leadership to the team and act as mentor to junior team members.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
- Demonstrate commitment to the Company's core values.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
As a Software Developer, you must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong analytical, problem solving, and prioritization skills. You should also be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, both independently and as part of a team. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree, or HS Diploma and minimum of 5 years' experience in related field.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL queries.
- Ability and willingness to learn new programming languages is required.
- Planning, organizing, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to quickly attain and understand new processes with strict attention to detail
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, work on multiple tasks and work well under pressure
- Ability to work at the highest technical level on all phases of software systems programming applications
- Ability to analyze data and arrive at a logical conclusion
- Ability to assess ramification of issues and prioritize tasks based on business impact
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
- Ability to evaluate production situations and current information to determine the appropriate course of action and execute decisions
- Ability to use software, hardware and peripherals related to job responsibilities, including MS Office and software development applications
We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage (low copay & deductible)
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- 401(k) + match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Summer Hours
MultiPlan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Engineering & Aerospace