Title : Software Development Analyst (Java)
Location : Baltimore MD
Duration : 1 Year contract
- Provide development support to the client and enable design, development, and implementation of complex systems.
- Participate in the full life cycle of an agile or waterfall projects by designing and developing user interfaces and applications.
- Conduct unit testing to ensure high quality bug free code.
- Decompose business and system architecture to support clean-interface multi-team development.
- Understands the business problem statement, user stories, and technical constraints
- Participate in planning, retrospectives, demos and daily stand-ups.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis.
- Design and implement scalable and robust approaches to caching, security, and databases
- Develop and use web-based APIs (especially REST-based APIs),
- Implement web programming techniques and frameworks.
- Ensure Section 508 Compliance.
- Knowledgeable on the HIPAA policies and procedures for the program and ensure awareness of HIPAA breach process.
- Understand your role in HIPAA compliance and be able to execute that role in an effective manner.
- Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelor's Degree and 7 years of relevant work experience, Master's Degree and 5 years of relevant work experience, or 11 years of experience Associates 9 years of relevant work experience PhD + 3 years of relevant work experience
- as a Developer in development environment (such as Java/J2EE) in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Java or J2EE, Websphere, Maven, Git, Jenkins
- Minimum of 3 years of experience utilizing one or more of the following: JEE Security, Java Batch, and EJBRoles
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in developing, documenting, building and maintaining interactive/dynamic web pages using Java in accordance with client best practices and policies.
- The development environment to be used are Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software (RAS) and Microsoft Visual Studio
- At least 1 year of experience with AWS
- Must be proficient in MS Word, MS Project, MS Power Point, and MS Visio
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Experience with relational database systems including PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, and DB2; and writing complex SQL queries
- Development, design and production support experience
- Ability to contribute to design and architecture discussions
- Experience in creating design/technical documentation
- Experience in different application servers
- Experience in developing Design patterns and UMLs
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology and tools (such as Version One, Rally, or JIRA)
- Proficient in Extensible Markup Language (XML) and SharePoint
- Extensive knowledge of SOA principle, design patterns, application and integration architectures.
- Extensive experience in Object Relational Mapping technologies like JPA/Hibernate in web service technologies
- Extensive experience with Unit Testing using Junit