Software Development Lead
Leads a software development team in support of a large .NET application. The team will be responsible for the ongoing operations and maintenance of the solution. Manages a team of developers in the adherence of planning, policies, practices, and manages personnel while overseeing a development project or group of developers. Acts as liaison between Project Management teams, vendors, business stakeholders, and IT and development teams. Collaborates with stakeholders and functional areas to develop business requirements. Oversees the completion of development projects and establishes processes and procedures on the development team. May manage the development team through subordinate supervisors.
- Manages a team in designing, developing and maintaining operating systems, applications software, database packages, compilers, assemblers, utility programs and other highly complex system software requirements.
* Modifies and creates special purpose software and ensures systems efficiency and integrity.
* Analyzes application code, system logs, and other indicators and recommends performance improvements.
* Researches, documents, and briefs team on new technologies and features.
* Leads technical implementation and troubleshooting for software releases.
* Researches product development options and provides analysis for product direction.
* Exercises judgment and discretion in overall project management by prioritizing, planning and tracking project progress.
* Plans for and ensures that management and development staff have tools/skills required to perform job functions.
* Acts as liaison between Project Management teams, vendors, business stakeholders, development team, and IT infrastructure and security teams.
* Establishes and enforces quality processes within the software development team, including coding standards, code reviews, unit testing, and other standard operating procedures and work instructions.
* Works with stakeholders and functional areas to develop business requirements.
* Develops required specifications for complex problems and trains team members on problem solving of complex issues.
* Oversees the establishment of requirements for a product from inception to conclusion. Ensures all phases of development are followed to include testing, debugging, and refining of the software to produce the required product.
* Works with the customer to create level of effort, scope and duration estimates for each planned initiative - and work with other staff to ensure the right resources are available at the right time for each of our projects.
* Works with product management and cross functional teams to provide technical solutions for desired user experiences.
* Reviews and edits required documentation, including block diagrams, logic flow charts and software program documentation. Provides feedback to developers to further their growth and development in the documentation area.
* Provides guidance on the creation of coded unit tests and ensures the Testers/Information Assurance team provide the necessary feedback to fix any issues identified.
* Evaluates systems designs and change requests to ensure overall program architecture remains technically feasible and is scalable while meeting industry best practices and standards.
* Overall responsibility for leading the program, department, or functional area as designated. Oversees, directs, and mentors subordinate staff; communicates job expectations and enforces organizational policies, procedures and core values; responsible for recruiting staff, approving timecards, and conducting performance reviews and disciplinary measures.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent relevant experience.
6-8 years of experience with programming or web development activities; 2-5 years of management experience.
Other Job Specific Skills
- Requires 3 years experience leading software development teams.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks.
* Immensely technical with the ability to communicate with developers and stakeholders in their languages.
* Ability to analyze systems requirements and design specifications.
* Ability to prepare and review required documentation, including project plans and software/development program documentation
* Ability to clearly explain technical concepts and analysis implications to a wide audience.
* Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to manage others, providing mentorship to junior team members.
* Must be capable of working in an environment that is demanding, sometimes stressful, and requires independent thinking, problem resolution, and responsible actions with minimal direct oversight by senior management.
* Experience in information system design, including application programming on large-scale case management systems and the development of complex software to satisfy design objectives.
* Applies knowledge of technologies, applications, methodologies, processes and tools to support a client, project or entity.
* Must be able to provide direction during all phases of software development and assist team members through the various phases using Java, Oracle, SQL Server or other programming language.
* Demonstrates and utilizes best programming standards and practices in a professional capacity
U.S. Citizenship Required? Yes
Light office duties which may include sitting for prolonged periods of time, viewing digital screens for prolonged periods of time, lifting up to 10 pounds, use of a desk or mobile phone, typing on a keyboard, writing with a pen, pencil, or stylus, etc.
It is the policy of ASM that an individual's race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation or national origin are not and will not be considered in any personnel or management decisions. We affirm our commitment to these fundamental policies.
All recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting for all job classifications is done without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, or age. All decisions on employment are made to abide by the principle of equal employment.
The physical requirements described in 'Knowledge, Skills and Abilities' above are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. (For example, 'light office duties' or 'lifting up to 50 pounds' or 'some travel' required.) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualifying disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary functions.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.