Summary:Manage a team of technical resources and lead the process of architecting, designing, creating and testing solutions that create, maintain and extend software products and technology services that focus on charitable giving and payment processing technologies.
Administratively and technically lead engineers in the creation of new software products, modules and features
- Design and code software features that adhere to delivered design requirements
- Perform unit testing of code created.
- Participate in the testing/fix quality assurance cycle
- Lead and collaborate with other developers on feature integration into a larger system
- Work with stakeholders to drive out new and innovative approaches to product development.
- Provide coaching, training and feedback to team members
- Conduct performance appraisals
- Oversee the recruiting, staffing and training efforts for the department
- Maintain a culture of partnership, accountability and excellence
Administratively and technically manage engineers in the architecting and designing of new software products.
- Mentor, coach, develop and train technical development resources.
- Align development efforts with corporate and product vision
- Prepare materials for, and participate in strategic planning sessions
- Regularly monitor and report on progress toward key goals and objectives
- Participate in the budgeting process
- Manage development efforts to achieve roadmap objectives within time and resource budget
- Lead and mentor software engineers in the design and code of software features that adhere to delivered design requirements
- Develop and maintain architectural artifacts.
- Review and approve the work of other engineers.
- Lead and collaborate with other developers on feature integration into a larger systems.
Maintain existing software products and services
- Lead and Manage process creation for the correction of software deficiencies (bugs) and added features and enhancements that adhere to delivered design requirements. Ensure the creation and execution of unit testing of code.
Lead and Manage collaboration as part of a development team
- Conduct and manage weekly status meetings
- Participate in periodic planning sessions
- Provide weekly updates on project progress to project/program management
- Research and make recommendations to the group regarding new technology available and its proper application
Contribute to the product specification process
- Manage creation of new software/feature design specifications
- Review and provide feedback on specifications created by others
- Negotiate with product marketing/stakeholders on technical issues that impact deliverable goal viability
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.