As a DENSO Software Engineer, you will be part of DENSO's North American R&D team in Southfield, MI, developing products and services for shared mobility.
We are looking for software engineers knowledgeable in Android, C/C++, and Java to work with us on vehicle access & start functions like remote keyless entry, telematics and other innovative products for DENSO's Smart Mobility ECU.
What you'll be doing:
* Develop software for vehicle access and Connectivity (Wifi, Bluetooth, GSM / 4G LTE features based) products to meet customer requirements.
* Code, debug, and review specifications for infotainment and telematics units using Android, C/C++, and Java.
* Work extensively within the cloud environment creating technologies supported on mobile devices and applications.
* Stay ahead of industry trends in Linux/Android based applications.
* Develop innovative solutions for challenging problems with scalable, production quality software.
* Work with internal cross functional teams to develop a working model or PoC (proof of concept).
* Work with sensors, automotive CAN, and telematics data such as GPS and phone accelerometer & gyroscope data.
* Work with customers to build integrations and troubleshoot issues.
* BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
* At least two years of experience as a software engineer.
* Must have experience coding in Android
* Strong development experience in C, C++, Java.
* Developing systems applications on Linux/Android.
* Comfortable in Python language.
* Experience with Automotive CAN & vehicle networks, vehicle data acquisition, vehicle diagnostics and instrumentation.
* Experience in automotive infotainment and telematics system design and development.
* Experience with electronic hardware prototyping.
* Experience with cloud PaaS products such as Azure or AWS.
* Mobile development (Android or iOS) is a plus.
* Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence or similar tools.
* Experience building services leveraging cloud computing, big data, IoT, APIs and advanced analytics.