Title: Software Engineer
Term: 12+ Months Temp to Direct
Location: Northampton, MA 01060
- Designing and implementing embedded applications/Solutions using microprocessor, DSP, RTOS, Linux, and networking technologies.
- Implementing code, and building applications
- Designing, developing, optimizing, debugging, and maintaining Tactical Software applications using accepted engineering practices and tools.
- Performing language and platform conversions, rewrites, or upgrades of existing software applications as required.
- Integrating with sensors, motion controllers, and other programs using TCP sockets and/or associated vendor-supplied API's
- Designing, developing, and maintaining algorithms related to data and signal analysis, curve fitting, optimization, parallel processing, etc.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining databases and associated tools for storage/retrieval of measurements and process control data.
- Maintaining software engineering with revision control and supporting documentation.
- Supporting embedded system development activities when required.
- Supporting investigations and implementations of novel metrology methods, devices, and/or applications.
- Working to achieve operational targets for specific programs and projects with moderate impact on departmental results.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge of software engineering discipline.
- Highly proficient in C/C++, QT, and GUI development
- Experience with the following;
o Zync and Vivado SKD, QT, and TFS, TIVA
o Linux and GNU tools and cross platform development
o GPU programming
o OpenGL, Direct3D, or other relevant API;s for graphical display
o Numerical Analysis methods, digital signal processing, and/or statistical methods.
- Able to work under moderate supervision to set objectives for own job area.
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Able to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures
- Identify and addresses changes with own job area
- Recommend enhancements to systems and processes.