Our client is seeking engineers for a program call Acoustic Intelligence (ACINT). The ACINT program is a big data, non-real time acoustics sensor that allows sailors to analyze the data gathered by the acoustic sensors on the submarine and ships themselves. By allowing the sailors to analyze this data is will give them the ability to better understand what is enemy is doing around them.
These engineers will be involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle.
- Application Design (5%)
- Development in Java, both modifications and from scratch (40%)
- Web based development (20%)
- Troubleshooting, Testing, and Integration (35%)
- Participate in Agile Scrums (daily)
The main responsibility for this person will be programming the enterprise java and web based modifications of the system. This part of the system will tend to interact with the GUI but will not actually be doing GUI development. This is a full service engineering role though so they will participate in scrums for tasking, program code, and test and troubleshoot their own code. There will be a good amount of time trying to figure out how to get their code integrated into the millions of lines of existing code from the current baselines.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related degree
- 2+ Years of experience programming with the Web Based Java technologies (Core Java, Rest, HTMLs, ReactJS, AngularJS, NodeJS)
- Experience testing and troubleshooting own code into an existing code base
- Eligible for Secret Clearance (Must have Interim or Active Secret to Start)
- Experience programming on a Linux platform (Red Hat Linux 6 or 7) - Must he able to change directories at the command line
- Cloud Technologies
- Compute Cluster Technologies
- Continuous Integration
- Scripting in Python (Bash will work too)
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.