Business Systems Software Engineer:
Signature Consultants is seeking a Software Engineer for an opportunity with a client in Arden Hills, MN. The Software Engineer will validate software systems in support of R&D. May interface with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Business Systems Validation: Responsible for developing, applying and maintaining quality standards for software products.
- Designs, develops, debugs, and modifies test scripts that evaluate software applications against software requirements using Java.
- Documents software development and/or test development by writing documents, reports, memos, change requests. Methods used are determined by approved procedures and standards
- Collaborates with requirements and development teams to coordinate resolution of software errors.
- Uses automation testing tools such as Selenium WebDriver for web application testing.
- Understands system of systems architecture and integration between systems
- Work with external teams to define requirements, design, implementation and testing for integration between systems.
- Creates test protocols for software system interface testing and develop automated tests to ensure with agreed upon interface design
- Tracks software development effort by creating and maintaining records in the approved tracking management tool.
- Solves engineering problems by analyzing the situation and recommending corrective or alternative actions.
- Analyzes, evaluates, verifies requirements, software and systems by using software engineering practices.
- Uses version management tool to manage test assets in a concurrent design environment.
- Investigates, researches, and selects software design and tools as part of an architecture team.
- Continuously improves process and work methodologies by interfacing with peers/cross-functional groups and analyzing activities to improve workflow and work processes.
- Academic Qualification and Experience
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Proficient in Java 1.6 or higher (5+ years of experience in Java for senior Engineer)
- Strong Experience writing automated tests using frameworks like Junit, Selenium, Spock, Geb, or Appium for Multi browser RESTful API/applications
- Experience with Eclipse or Intellij based IDE
- Knowledge of Test methodologies and strategies
- Experience using Continuous Integration tools like ThoughtWorks Go or Jenkins
- Testing or development experience in a medical device regulated environment
- Experience testing commercial GUI products, Web applications
- Understanding of database tables to assist in creating test data and debugging issues found in testing
- Basic Experience with XML and XSD
- Experience using SCRUM or other Agile based development methodologies
- Experience in mentoring team members
- Capacity to multi-task several testing activities concurrently
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in system integration projects; good understanding of EAI.
- Experience with IBM MQ and IBM Integration Bus is plus
- Experience working with SAP ECC6 is plus
- Proficient in Groovy
- Working knowledge of defect tracking systems such as JIRA
- Working knowledge of Windows 10 and iOS operating systems
- Past experience working with LATITUDE remote monitoring system
- Familiar with java build tooling (e.g. Maven, Jenkins)
- Excellent Communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with proficiency in English (verbal and written).
- A positive attitude, innovative and creative thinker.
- Responsible risk taking and risk management.
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.