Location: Midtown, NYC
Job Type: Contract
Duration: Long Term
Remote Work Option: Initially candidate will need to be in NYC office (remote working allowed: starting with 2 days a week during first 4/6 month, then based on performance can extend to more days).
Contact Info: Stuart Schwartz - firstname.lastname@example.org - 201-786-2425
- Our client is looking for a candidate with strong knowledge in software development that loves technology, who cares about details, is proactive, that is continually learning and appreciates feedback.
- As a software engineer the resource will work in a global distributed team environment where he/she will be responsible for creating, updating and supporting a wide range of systems and applications used in digital media workflows across multiple territories and teams.
- SQL / SQL Server (2008+) / Entity Framework / LINQ
- Object oriented programing / design patterns / SOLID principles
- Independent contributor that participates in technical design, development and implementation of application systems for a specific area.
- Team Content platform engineering
- Product VMS
- Perform coding and/or configuration to meet documented needs, utilizing standard procedures and techniques.
- Develops detailed flowcharts to show processing logic.
- Interfaces with business analysts, project managers, and/or customers to clarify requirements.
- Tests own work, contributes to the development of test plans, and participates in post-implementation reviews.
- Provides support for production systems.
- Writes documentation that describes installation and operating procedures.
- Coordinates with customers and colleagues to resolve systems issues and advance development projects. May develop materials to support user training on new or revised systems/applications.
- Provides ongoing support and troubleshooting for installed applications by analyzing a chain of events and applying technical knowledge following established procedures and standards.
- Keeps learning about new development tools and strategies.
- Builds and maintains working knowledge of multiple business areas and the applications that support them.
- Develops a basic understanding of the industry and the products and services of the company.
- Acquiring knowledge of the organization, the business functions supported, and the company's products and services.
- Analyzes and interprets business requirements to define and develop technical requirements / specifications.
- Participates in technical design, contributing insights and ideas.
- Successfully troubleshoots most applications problems independently.
- Analyzes a chain of events and applies technical knowledge following established procedures and/or detailed specifications.
- Can code from specifications, under guidance.
- Effectively identifies and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Gaining an understanding of technical design, analysis and common issues.
- Shares knowledge effectively within the work team.
- Works with users in defining application requirements, responds to their problems and resolving project issues.
- Can produce basic documentation for changes and enhancements to current systems.
- Cooperates with and works effectively with colleagues.
- Responsible for writing fundamental documentation in a clear, concise manner, adhering to standards.
- Good interpersonal communication.
- English (fluent oral and written)
- Operates effectively as part of a larger team and in managing own work. Is assigned tasks of limited duration and complexity.
- Estimates own work effort for input to project planning.
- Escalates delays, issues, risks and highlights to project managers.
- Receives close direction, work is reviewed frequently.
- May choose an approach or procedure for addressing a work task, under guidance.
- Selects appropriate work procedures or approaches to address technical challenges, consistent with appropriate standards and policies.