We are looking for a talented individual to join a large consumer electronics team on a contract basis of 4 months with potential to move on to the team permanently down the road.
Assist in the development, testing, release, and integration efforts of software and hardware associated activities.
Hardware and software integration of new and/or existing systems, functions and LRUs designed by the Development Engineering and the Software Development groups.
* Integration test of LRU and system functionality.
* Ensure all testing is properly documented and submitted.
* Responsible for the integration and maintenance of a test rack configuration with regards to the systems installation.
Software and system testing of all In-flight Entertainment (IFE) functionality for existing systems.
* Participate in the design and development of all IFE system functionality.
* Participate in all efforts in the testing and regression testing of software phase releases.
* Assist and support all engineering efforts company-wide as required.
* Assist in developing test plans and procedures to validate system requirements.
* Focal point for software development, integration and problem investigation for all assigned equipment and systems.
* Assist in troubleshooting and analyzing root cause of any system anomalies/discrepancies in hardware and/or software.
* A technical background in development and test.
* Familiar with Unix and Linux OS. Basic understanding of systems administrator capabilities and command language for Linux is preferred.
* Ability to plan engineering activities to perform tasks.
* Learn to use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
* Generally applies existing practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data.
* Possess solid writing and communication skills.
* Ability to effectively communicate in English, in person and on the phone.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
* 1-3 years experience in software/system engineering development and/or software/hardware testing.
* IFE and/or Avionics industry experience is preferred.
* Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
* Majority of time spent at test rack (75%) which includes standing, lifting, bending, twisting and stooping.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.