We have an immediate requirement for a Software Engineer Consultant/Expert with our client in Dearborn, MI.
As a software engineer on the IMPRS team, you will be part of a team that interfaces with customers, other IT teams and external partners. You will provide functional business knowledge and technical support, including the analysis, design, development and implementation of system enhancements and fixes for production incidents. You will also support efforts to streamline the application and automate testing processes. In this position, you will routinely act independently to research and develop solutions to customer issues in a proactive manner. You will take initiative, work independently and resolve complex problems while ensuring positive outcomes by follow-up with customers for feedback.
- Support, troubleshoot, and maintain system as required, resolving problems and providing timely follow-up on identified issues.
- Support the business owners and users with questions relating to the system including actuals, forecasts, budgets, strategic plans, and other reported data.
- Troubleshoot and resolve simple to highly complex technical issues related to Essbase and SQL stored procedures.
- Participate in the design, development and implementation of new system functionality.
- Recommend and develop practices that will drive more consistent and efficient design and delivery processes.
- Analyzes requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing and/or testing to help improve existing systems.
- Prepare the system for reporting process, including data preparation, process management and update of system task flows.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable change management processes and procedures.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Development, QA and Production environments including preparing system documentation and executing testing of upgrades and patches.
- Performs other duties as needed by the team.
- Minimum of 5 years. experience developing and maintaining SQL views, stored procedures and tables associated with Essbase data loads, data exports, dimension builds and block creation.
- Expertise with SQL Developer 2012 - Proven experience optimizing queries and performance tuning stored procedures.
- Minimum 5 years. experience with MDX, MAXL, VBA, JAVA. - Knowledge of Hyperion suite of products and technology including Hyperion Planning, Essbase (184.108.40.206), DRM. Includes system administration, batch monitoring (Autosys) and application support - maintenance and/or enhancements within the existing Hyperion applications.
- Experience creating, maintaining and debugging Hyperion Calc scripts, Maxl scripts, business rules, web forms, Smart View queries, metadata (DRM), Essbase security filters, Shared Services (provisioning and managing users and groups).
- All Software Engineers are required to take HackerRank Coding Assessment: https://www.hackerrank.com/work/tests/325251/settings/access
- Strong knowledge of financial processes (budgeting/forecasting), cost accounting (expense allocations) and accounting principles.
- Strong analytical/creative problem solving including ability to independently troubleshoot and develop alternative solutions to problems.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while adhere to changing priorities and deadlines
- Attention to detail with the ability to maintain accurate data and develop accurate written materials
- Ability to establish collaborative working relationships with stakeholders and build cross-functional relationships throughout the organization and with vendors, as applicable
- Professional communication skills with the ability to communicate readily with peers, customers and vendors both via verbal and written communication
- Must be flexible with a can-do attitude and have the ability to remain professional under high-pressure situations - Willingness to learn new technologies
- Technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, which start immediately upon hire.
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 10 Paid Vacation Days annually
- Flexible spending
- Long-term and Short-term disability insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance