We have an immediate requirement for a Software Engineer Consultant/Expert with our client in Taylor, MI.
MPP - The Client Connected Vehicle Platforms and Products group creates and implements IT software solutions and services for our global connected vehicles.
Key responsibilities of this position would include:
- Ensures the implementation of functional/nonfunctional requirements to produce the final solution.
- Coordinates and consults with application architects to ensure design is appropriately implemented within the solution or service.
- Develops solutions with architects to ensure interoperability of interfacing systems and develops prototypes.
- Uses agile methodologies to produce quality solutions.
- Provides input on program estimation and project planning.
- Develops implementation and transition plans.
- Ensures solutions or services adhere to IT principles such as optimizing system performance, maintainability and usability requirements while meeting Client IT standards, procedures, security, and policies.
- Leads team members for a shared understanding of the solution.
- Interacts with technical peers (Product Managers, Designers, Anchors and Software engineers), IT, business management, and vendors.
- May participate in cross-functional global committees (e.g., standards, best practices).
- Strong Object Oriented development background Java/J2ee and Spring boot
- Strong knowledge on SQL
- Experience in Spring, RESTFUL/SOAP Web services development
- Suppliers: All Software Engineers are required to take HackerRank Coding Assessment: https://www.hackerrank.com/work/tests/325251/settings/access
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in JAVA development using IntelliJ or similar tooling
- Strong Java development skills, including Java, Spring boot, JSON, XML, JUNIT and Cucumber
- Familiarity with GitHub or equivalent source control repositories and Build Tools like GRADLE
- Experience in ORM frameworks like Hibernate or JPA
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities
- Develop and implement new software programs using TDD and BDD approach
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative when solving unexpected problems.
- BS Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, which start immediately upon hire.
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 10 Paid Vacation Days annually
- Flexible spending
- Long-term and Short-term disability insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance