Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy of more than 700 designers, engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering, Inc. (www.altair.com), this cross-functional organization is best known for its leadership in combining human and machine creativity to fuel innovation, automate processes, and develop new methods. Altair ProductDesign firmly advocates a user-centered, team-based design approach, and utilizes proprietary simulation and optimization technologies to help clients bring innovative, profitable products to market faster.
- The Software Engineer on the DAT Software Team will have the opportunity to work on a range of software tasks.
- Collectively the DAT Software Team is responsible for sensor and system fusion data processor.
- Tasks will vary based on engineer’s skills.
- Most engineers work on several of the following areas:
- Design and development of state-of-the-art embedded software for next generation ADAS systems
- Support advanced research and developmental efforts
- Performance optimization depending on the active platform. This can consist of FPGA programming, DSP programming, or C/C++ code optimization.
- In vehicle testing. Almost all code will need to be tested in test vehicles. This would include testing code in real traffic.
- Inter device programming including coding for socket connections and SPI connections
- Development of diagnostic and debug tools used for visualization and storage of complex real-time data (which could include display of 3-d data)
- DevOps, including maintenance and support of utilities used for code version control, quality control, verification, and testing
- C/C++ Git QNX
- CMake Gtest bash TCP/IP CAN Code Optimization
- 7 years of experience in software/firmware development using C/C++
- 5 years of experience designing and testing embedded systems for high performance, high reliability computing applications
- 2 years of experience with Unix-based embedded applications
- Experience with C++ 11
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar field of study
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar field of study