Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a Company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
Under general supervision, the Software Engineer II- SAP Developer is responsible for performing basic design, programming and testing work related to the implementation, enhancement and support of SAP modules per business requirements and specifications. Supports the Senior SAP Developer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop SAP system in support of business objectives
- Serve as the key member of team regarding of all SAP related activities, integrating various technical and functional assessments performed by the SAP SME
- Support the Design, creation, and documentation of SAP modifications and enhancements and functionally support of Logistics Execution functions
- Participate in design workshops representing processes and/or sub-processes or define the overall enhancements and interface design, and business requirements.
- Help review and develop deliverables throughout the project to ensure completeness, consistency, quality, and requirements traceability.
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Transform business function requirements into technical program specs to code, test and debug programs.
- Develop, code, document and execute unit tests, systems, integration and acceptance tests and testing tools for functions of high complexity.
- Perform performance tuning to improve performance over multiple functions
- Manage operational support, performing work during change windows as well as providing on call support as required by the team.
- Mentor and coach junior developer resources.
- Provide estimations for assigned project.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of three years of experience with SAP application development
- Previous experience developing in SAP with ABAP/4 and/or HANA using HANA Studio or WebIDE is a must
- Develop backend web-services and RESTful API's (Node.js, OData).
- SAP HANA Technical Concepts and Architecture
- Data Modelling using HANA Studio
- Build InfoCubes, ODS/DSO, Multi-providers, Composite providers, Open ODS, Transient providers, transformations, extractors, data sources
- Building HANA Views (Attribute, Analytical & Calc Views)
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to learn quickly and deliver results in a high pressure, high profile environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team is vital.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
- Ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, information Technology, IT Software Engineering or related technical field or equivalent work experience.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.