BI Software Engineer/Data Architect
Build, maintain and test applications to improve patient outcomes and patient safety. This engineer will be responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing a data analytics solution using open source tools for a medical device application.
* Perform standard software development assignments (author requirements, design, develop code, unit testing, etc.) which are typically a significant portion of a larger project, adhering to defined methods, techniques, theories, corporate and division Standard Operating Policies
* Perform data modeling to support Data Warehousing and reporting efforts
* Build the Data Analytics Applications, Architecture to support batch and streaming data
* Provide technical input and scheduling information to cross functional teams.
* Engage in the architecture and platform design for data analytics applications which supports the medical software applications
* Select sound techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations under direction of supervisor.
* Act independently with minimal supervision to conduct smaller approved projects.
* Make recommendations for software product and process improvements based on technical knowledge.
* Utilize software engineering methodologies and tools to solve straightforward problems (e.g., software requirements management, software configuration management, unit testing, static analysis, and FMEA).
* B.S. in Computer Science, Data Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field and 5-8 years related experience.
* 5-8 years of experience with ETL and Data Modeling for reporting
* 5-8 years of experience with Data Analytics Engines like Apache Spark or Apache Flink or Hadoop for On Premise / Cloud solutions
* 2-3 years of experience with Restful API's, Relational or NoSQL Database
* 3-5 years of experience with Python or Scala or R or Java to build the data analytics applications
* 3-5 years of a solid technical understanding of the principles and procedures of software engineering (e.g., SDLC, IEC 62304, CMMI, Agile)
* Experience with software application architecture design and optimization
* Be passionate about software quality and be prepared to advocate on behalf of good processes and best practices.
* Ability to discuss normally encountered technical or project management issues, both verbally and in written form
Great to have:
* Experience with C#, .NET framework / Core and object oriented programming constructs
* Experience with Docker, MQTT, Micro-services architecture
* 1-2years of experience with Web development using HTML5/CSS3/JS, JS frameworks like React or VueJS or Angular
* 2-3 years of experience with machine learning and data science techniques
* Familiarity of cloud providers like AWS or GCP or Azure
* Experience with medical device or other regulated software engineering disciplines (e.g., software development environments, configuration management tools, code inspection techniques and tools, testing methods and test management tools).