Is this role 100% onsite or remote? - 100% onsite preferred, remote until Company policy allows due to COVID
If onsite any remote capabilities? - Yes, remote as needed
What are your top three technical skill wants? - C, C++, Qt, QML, Object Oriented Analysis, Embedded/User Interface development
What are your top thee soft skill wants? - - Problem solving skills, Positive attitude, Team player, Time management/urgency, Collaboration, Communication skills
Senior Software Engineer
Applies a solid understanding of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria as part of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) toward the development of new or enhanced software products or processes. Plans, executes and functionally directs important engineering assignments, which require independent judgment.
- Perform standard software development assignments (software requirements specification, design, develop code, unit testing, etc.) which are typically a significant portion of a larger project, adhering to defined methods, techniques, theories, corporate and division Standard Operating Policies.
- Select sound techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations under direction of supervisor.
- Act independently with minimal supervision to conduct smaller approved projects.
- Make recommendations for software product and process improvements based on technical knowledge.
- Utilize software engineering methodologies and tools to solve straightforward problems (e.g., software requirements management, UML, software configuration management, unit testing, static analysis, and FMEA).
- A solid technical understanding of the principles and procedures of software engineering (e.g., SDLC, IEC 62304, Agile).
- Experience with Linux and RTOS is a MUST
- Experience with SPI, I2C, CAN, USB, Ethernet, WIFI, Networking.
- Experience with C/C++, Scripting, Object Oriented Analysis, MVC design pattern, Multi-threading, Gerrit and GIT.
- Be passionate about software quality and be prepared to advocate on behalf of good processes and best practices.
- Ability to discuss normally encountered technical or project management issues, both verbally and in written form.
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or related field and 4-7 years related experience.