Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talent individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
JOB SUMMARY: As a software engineer III, you will formulate and define specifications for complex operating software programming applications and to work as part of a team with influence across a larger organization
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Research, construct, develop, and test complex computer application software or systems
2. Analyze users' needs and design software as necessary.
3. Maintain complex computer applications software and systems
4. Evaluate new and existing software to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance; identify candidate hardware systems and components.
5. Perform Technical Review of requirements, Analyze source data and provide gap analysis.
6. Coordinate cross-functional projects as assigned and interact with all areas of the organization to achieve timely results
7. Consult with customers on project status and advise customer about technical issues
8. Provider technical leadership to the team and act as mentor to junior team members.
9. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
10. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
11. Demonstrate commitment to the Company's core values.
12. Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data -- this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
13. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
The incumbent works with some supervision to construct and develop complex programming systems to support customers' application systems, relying on broad experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Work is varied with high complexity, requiring a high level of independent judgment within established guidelines. An incumbent has direct contact with end users and managers. This position mentors less experienced team members.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, and Training):
- Minimum high school diploma and eight (8) years' progressive software systems programming experience at least five of which should involve experience with java server programming utilizing J2EE/JEE technologies. Bachelors' degree in a relevant/related field is a significant plus and is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Java and a wide range of Java/J2EE/JEE technologies such as JDBC, JNI, JSP/Servlets, JTA, JMS, JNDI, JMX, JAAS, and others.
- Detailed knowledge of object oriented programming concepts and design patterns.
- Understanding of multi-tier distributed software architectures, concurrent programming concepts, and multi-threaded applications.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with advanced XML technologies and API's such as XSD, XSLT, (XQuery, and XPath desired).
- Experience with Web Services and SOA and related standards such as SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, and BPEL.
- Required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable
- Knowledge of project management and execution of multiple projects
- In-depth knowledge of infrastructure security
- Knowledge of large enterprise with a significantly distributed infrastructure
- Knowledge of data mapping, extraction, data migration, decision support systems, data marts/data warehousing and relational and dimensional modeling.
- Extensive knowledge of business requirements gathering, architecting, designing and developing complex Oracle based web applications and re-engineering products.
- Knowledge of process stabilization, performance analysis, code optimization and testing of web application and data-engineering products.
- Knowledge of health care claims and health insurance industry preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Planning, organizing, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to quickly attain and understand new processes with strict attention to detail
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, work on multiple tasks and work well under pressure
- Ability to work at the highest technical level on all phases of software systems programming applications
- Ability to analyze data and arrive at a logical conclusion
- Ability to assess ramification of issues and prioritize tasks based on business impact
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
- Ability to evaluate production situations and current information to determine the appropriate course of action and execute decisions
- Ability to mentor less experienced team members.
- Ability to use software, hardware and peripherals related to job responsibilities, including MS Office and software development applications
We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage (low copay & deductible)
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- 401(k) + match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Summer Hours
MultiPlan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Engineering & Aerospace