Title: Software Engineer
Location: Andover, MA
Type: 6-Month Contract
This position will provide technical leadership for the design and development of the system software used in electronic instruments and products.
- Design, prototype and develop automated test software, manage nightly build system, and create test strategies within instrument products and manufacturing fixtures.
- Investigate new technologies that could be used in organization’s future products.
- Investigate instrument failures in order to understand failure mechanism and institute design changes to improve product reliability.
- Provide continuous engineering support on assigned products to maintain and improve cost, margin, performance and quality.
- Design and develop prototype systems to evaluate the feasibility of advanced concepts related to company’s core business.
- Assist test, quality and manufacturing group with the design and evaluation of manufacturing and test fixtures.
- Function as a lead technical software resource for organization’s electronic instrument products.
- Design, prototype and develop control software, algorithms and user interfaces used within instrument products and manufacturing fixtures.
- Education B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science,
- Master’s in Engineering preferred
- A minimum 7 years of software design experience. Medical device experience preferred.
- Proficient in C. Experience in scripting languages such as python preferred.
- Proficient in bare metal (No OS), FreeRTOS and Embedded Linux.
- Proficient in designing embedded systems software on 32-bit ARM Application Processors and microcontrollers.
- Proficient in doing white-box, black-box testing including unit, integration and system testing.
- Proficient in using lab equipment and debugging tools such as oscilloscope, logic analyzer and multimeters.
- Experience in using automated test suite for embedded applications preferred.
- Thorough understanding of IEC 62304, FDA and MDR design control requirements for electronic and software-controlled devices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills required.
- Quality and Health & Safety (QHSE) Responsibilities
- Knows and adheres to the quality policy of the company and the quality-related procedures and instructions
- Reports any deviation in product or process, of which he/she becomes aware, to his/her manager or the Quality department
- Completes all necessary training in the area of Quality and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
- Immediately reports any dissatisfaction or complaint which is brought to their attention from a customer or patient regarding a company product (e.g. in terms of quality, durability, reliability, safety or performance) to the complaints department
- Complies with all health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and job hazard analyses applicable to specified job activities; including medical evaluations as required by job function
- Completes all required HSE training
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!