We are currently seeking a C/C++ Software Engineer for our Herndon, VA location.
• Participate in engineering control system development tasks including preliminary design, design, integration and formal testing.
• Full software life cycle application development, use of waterfall, spiral or agile methods.
• Designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
• Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis and software reliability analysis.
• Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD)
• Software modeling and simulation
• Front end graphical user interface design
• Software testing and quality assurance
• Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability & automation.
• Support, maintain and document software functionality
• Integrate software with new and existing systems
• Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
• Maintain standards compliance
• Participate in development of long-range planning for new projects and facilities
• As new technologies emerge and impact our systems, expected to learn new technologies very quickly as they emerge and resolve problems