Sr. Software Engineer
Location: Tampa, FL
Duration: Contract (6 Months)
Compensation: $47- $50 (based on experience)
The Senior Software Engineer leads a team of developers to provide business and technical expertise in requirements solicitation. system analysis. technical design. programming and documentation of information systems. The Sr. Software Engineer will work on modernizing a legacy application which is responsible for all correspondence.
- NoSQL preferred
- MQ Series
- API’s – web services
- Converting batch processes to transactional processes
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as principle contributor to technical feasibility studies. business cases. proposals. and 3rd party assessment.
- Provides leadership and facilitation in the definition and development of the technical solution concept. including vision. scope. and system architecture
- Prepares detailed functional specifications. design models. and system workflows from which software applications will be developed and implemented.
- Supports. troubleshoots. and maintains production systems as required. optimizing performance. resolving problems. and providing timely follow-up on identified issues
- Defines and maintains Information Systems (IS) development standards and best practices.
- A Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years of experience in the development. implementation. and maintenance of large-scale OLTP and DSS in a client-server environment
- 2+ years of experience in Healthcare Preferred
- 3+ years of experience in J2EE and Web Service
- 5+ years of experience in database design. development. and normalization using Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle DBMS
- 5+ years of experience in both the use of structured and object oriented systems analysis. design. development tools. and techniques
- 5+ years of experience in SQL
- 3+ years of experience in PL/SQL
- 3+ years of experience in using XML Preferred
- 1+ year of experience in Linux Preferred