We have an immediate requirement for a Software Engineer Senior with our client in Allen Park, MI.
- Clients Cloud Platform Services team is transforming and innovating how we deliver infrastructure to meet Clients rapidly increasing application demand for compute, network, and storage.
- The successful candidate will lead the design, integration and maintenance of the technical infrastructure and services to establish cloud platforms and work closely with software developers to enable application automation and deployment.
- Responsibilities: - Lead software development activities to deliver automated solutions for on premise cloud based on VMware virtualization stack, vRealize (vRa/vRO) product suite and other tools to create, change, and improve infrastructure.
- Research and innovate solutions to enable Developer teams to automate application packaging and deploying with Chef Habitat.
- Automate the build-out and deployment of virtual nodes and applications leveraging software development tools and continuous delivery and integration technologies, such as Chef Habitat, Jenkins, Git based repositories and Nexus.
- Use custom-scripting build and deployment processes using Ruby, Python, PowerShell, and other scripting languages.
- Provide assistance with Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) efforts, automation and consistent delivery of self-service offerings.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum team activities, like stand-ups, sprint planning and sprint reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years Software Development experience
- 3+ years Infrastructure experience in one or more areas: Operating Systems, Storage, Network, Security, Virtualization, Application, Web and Database server technologies
- 2+ years API development experience (preferably REST) using IBM API Connect or any other comparable API management solution
- All Software Engineers are required to take HackerRank Coding Assessment: https://www.hackerrank.com/work/tests/325251/settings/access
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in Linux server or Windows server administration
- Experience with software development methodologies
- Experience with implementing security best practices
- Proficient with DevOps and CI/CD methodologies and tools for automated infrastructure code test, integration, deployment, and assurance
- Endless Desire to Learn and motivated to challenge the status quo
- Innovative thinker with strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Experience with Agile practices and ceremonies, working daily with agile teams to deliver product commitments
- Strong advocate for DevOps mindset and culture, collaboration, flexibility, and cross domain knowledge *
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and support multiple concurrent projects/tasks and collaborate with other service teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills the distance between imagination and. creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. When you join the Clients team, you Client all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you 'd expect from a diverse global leader.
- You 'll become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products, and it is always ready to go further.
- Candidates for positions with Clients must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
- Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Clients is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
- B.S. Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent work experience in the requested field
https://www.v2soft.com/careers - to view all of our open opportunities and to learn more about our benefits.