Direct Hire Opportunity
Not able to provide sponsorship for now or in the future
The Software Engineer II engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with appropriate mentoring, to advance the client in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
Principal Account abilities:
* Applies basic tools knowledge to maintain designs to reflect modifications.
* Participates in design discussions and helping to create architecture/design artifacts
* Considers the importance of industry standards/best practices while working (little exposure).
* Develops unit tests with minimal guidance.
* Exhibits elementary knowledge of database SQL, including basic database modeling and tuning.
* Exhibits elementary language knowledge proficiency; writes application modules and unit tests with guidance.
* Helps with code optimization based on delegated tasks. Participates in code reviews and helps with environment build deployments; Corrects identified defects and issues and finds own bugs.
* Strong problem solving skills and ability to re-engineer data models and flows
* Supports QA,/Certification, and Production environments
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
* 1- 2 years of software development experience required
* 1-2 years Java development experience
* 1-2 years' experience developing and support in a big data environment
* Proficient in SQL knowledge, database modeling nice to have
* SDLC knowledge and comfort working in a process-oriented environment
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Great interest and ability to work in a collegial and teamwork oriented environment
* ETL experience is required, use of Informatica or UC4 a plus
* Experience with distributed processing frameworks (Hadoop, tools such as Hive or Pig) a plus
* Experience with cloud-based technologies such as AWS, EC2, EMR, S3 a plus
For more information please reach out to Talia at 312-487-5880