Our client here in Charleston, SC is looking to add a Software Engineer to their team as they have some exciting new projects they're going to be working on and building from scratch with newer technologies. Development will include integrating applications with back-end services (e.g., user services, databases, and security protocols). You will follow Agile software methodologies and work well within a team environment.
- Design, build, unit test, integrate, and deploy Java services
- Create application specifications, diagrams, flow charts and other documentation to support the design and development if needed.
- Collaboration in a team environment to define, design, and deploy new features
- Debug and fix application bugs
- Maintain code quality
- Docker a plus
- Knowledge of Object Oriented principles
- Agile software development methodologies and tools (Atlassian, GitLab)
- Proficient in Java and understanding of its ecosystems
- Experience with databases (Mongo, PostgreSQL)
- Source code version control (Git, Subversion, CVS)
- Understanding of unit, integration, and component testing
- RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services
- Understanding of data transformation (converting data model to a different structure)
Experience and Education:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer-related field
5 years minimum of professional software engineering experience in Java ideally
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.