The TSSC uses common platforms and processes to design/develop production, depot and engineering test stations. Opportunities include:
• Domestic and international travel
• Innovative rapid prototyping
• Supporting live-fire testing of our products
• Designing, developing or using commercial software for simulation and test equipment environments
• Designing, developing or integrating methods and equipment to effectively test systems.
RMS – Systems Test Directorate is seeking a Engineer for the TSSC.
The selected candidate will participate on multidiscipline engineering teams performing design, development and integration of RMS test products within TSSC. Typical work involves the development of both engineering and production test equipment, environments and systems. As such, the candidate will contribute to the completion of all stages of test product development, and will be responsible for performing technical, cost and schedule management of their assigned projects. They will be expected to act, either as a part of their team or independently, to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of test products.
This position is focused on, but not limited to, the design, development, integration, test, and maintenance of software for TSSC. The selected candidate will develop applications, libraries, and instrument drivers using the software style, development language, and integrated development environment specified by TSSC.
• Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
• This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
• Professional engineering experience developing and implementing high order programming languages (C#, C++, or C is preferred) is required.
• Professional engineering experience utilizing integrated development environments and debugging tools to troubleshoot software implementation and ensure integrity of the software products (experience with Microsoft Visual Studio is preferred).
• Knowledge of developing requirements for software products.
• Experience using model based design and the Unified Modeling Language (UML) to visualize software architecture and design.
• Familiarity with IBM Rhapsody or Cameo Enterprise Architecture is preferred.
• Master of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
• ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
• Working knowledge of computer architecture and computer hardware optimization techniques.
• Experience with the development and integration of software drivers for the operation of computer hardware interfaces.
• Knowledge in common computer hardware interface and data protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, RS-422 (experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems is preferred).
• Experience developing automated test systems (familiarity with National Instruments (NI) TestStand is preferred).
• Experience with laboratory test instrumentation, electronics and software (experience with NI VISA, NI Measurement and Automation Explorer, or NI Switch Executive is preferred).
• Experience prioritizing and handling multiple tasks in a production environment, developing solutions under only general direction, and demonstrating solid troubleshooting skills.
• Professional engineering experience working within a team environment.
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Knowledge of Software Configuration Management principles, environments and tools.
• Knowledge in computer scripting language such as MATLAB/Shell/Perl/Python.
$61.00 - $78.00 /Hour
IT & Technical