Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a frontend software engineer to join our established team in Madison, WI. They apply web technologies to the core user experience on the web, PlayStation®4 and beyond, which millions of customers around the world interact with daily. The ideal candidate will come from an object oriented development background and be passionate about front end web technologies.
They employ Agile standard methodologies, use modern software development paradigms, and focus on continuous improvement in the delivery of high quality applications for our customers. This is an opportunity to be part of one of the world's most recognized brands, and to collaborate with PlayStation Engineering teams in California, Japan, and Europe.
* Produce excellent, detailed design and development documentation
* Work with limited supervision under tight time constraints and respond to rapidly evolving requirements
* Contribute to existing and develop new common software components to benefit other SIE client applications
Tutor and mentor junior engineers within the development team
* Proficient with at least one widely adopted single page application (SPA) architecture
* Knowledge of HTML5 / CSS3, Node.js
* Experience leading the development and providing technical engineering vision of medium to large sized applications
* Experience in performance tuning network connected applications
* Experience shipping 2-3 consumer facing, web applications
* Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Self-motivated with an ability to take initiative
* Experience in developing high-performance user interfaces
Passionate about quality and writing clean, readable code that scales and performs well
Technologies you will work with:
- React Native
- RESTful APIs
- Customer-facing UI Development
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.