Software Developer (Mid-level) Responsibilities:
Our clients Health Analytics group is looking to hire a software engineer to join their growing team of around 70 people. Half of the is made up of statisticians and mathematicians and the other half are software developers. As a software engineer in the Health analytics group, you would contribute to full stack development for government clients focusing in the medical or public health field. The group also is an institution resource, so in addition to your regular work you would also help support many other projects across the organization, covering a broad range of topics. Example of projects include maintaining and sharing public health data for the CDC and organizing research results for the government to better understand what studies have been done so others can use that research. If this sounds like a role you would be interested in, please keep reading!
- Solve technical problems using computer science and systems development approaches in areas that require mathematical and/or statistical methods and knowledge
- Interact with teams of scientists including, but not limited to epidemiologists, mathematicians, computer scientists, statisticians, and engineers
- Proactively manage expectations and meet deadlines in a fast-moving, agile software development environment
- Conduct and participate in assigned projects with minimum supervision and within time and budget constraints
- Interact with on-site client team members as well as geographically diverse team members daily
- Maintain excellent communication with team members and develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the client
- Continued job performance improvement through on-the-job training and outside study
- Thrive in a multi-disciplinary environment solving problems in a variety of application areas
- Minimal domestic travel
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Science, or Computer Engineering with at least 5 years of demonstrated work experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated competency in object-oriented programming with Java/JavaEE
- Demonstrated experience with SQL and relational database engines such as SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle
- Demonstrated competency with development tools (e.g., NetBeans, Eclipse, Visual Studio Code, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with Agile development
- Demonstrated ability to develop, test, document, and maintain computer code for deadline-driven projects
- Demonstrated ability to participate in requirements gathering process, provide user documentation, and write clear, concise comments within programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a US Person with the ability to obtain and maintain a government clearance
- Experience with user interface and user experience design and implementation
- Experience with Python, SAS, S+, R, C, C#, C++
- Experience with web server software (e.g., Apache, IIS, Tomcat)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, Redis, MarkLogic, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience with microservices architecture, containerization, and container orchestration software (e.g., Docker, CRI-O, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Marathon)
- Experience with automated code quality tools (e.g., SonarQube)
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g., Hudson, Jenkins, xUnit, Team Foundation Server, etc.)
- Experience with automated testing tools and frameworks (e.g., Katalon, Selenium, Cucumber, etc.)
- Experience with Linux-based Operating Systems (e.g., Ubuntu, RedHat, CentOS, etc.)
- Experience with cloud computing technologies as well as associated service providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure
What's in it for You?
What's in it for You?
- One of the industry leaders in applied science and technology
- Extremely interesting nature of work
- Ranked in the top 500 of best employers in America by Forbes
- Awesome worksite and ability to work alongside some of Columbus' brightest engineers
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.